How developing creative thinkers in children today will create the Einsteins of tomorrow. See how this works ...
One of our greatest thinkers of our time, Albert Einstein, believed that 'Imagination is more important than knowledge.' But sadly what happens in many of our schools today is we focus on academic results and the knowledge acquisition. In a sense our schools have lost their way. Schools that believe in fostering creative thinkers through the arts and have an all-round curriculum as a result will help to develop children's right side (creative) brain will thereby produce the new Einsteins of our world today.
Einstein believed that his insight did no come from mathematics or science, it came from his artistic side of his brain - that which deals with the intuition and inspiration. He said: "When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come close to the conclusion that the gift of imagination has meant more to me than any talent for absorbing absolute knowledge. All great achievements of science must start from intuitive knowledge. I believe in intuition and inspiration.... At times I feel certain I am right while not knowing the reason."
Thus Einstein said: "Imagination is more important than knowledge".
In the Helen O'Grady Drama Academy, our teachers are trained to inspire children and develop creativity in an extremely proactive way. As Albert Einstein said: 'It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge' and we try to do this in every way possible.
Bergvliet Primary School really believes in this and is one of the schools in Cape Town, South Africa, which has taken his on board by having and full and vibrants creative arts programme to supplement the National Curriculum. This school believes in developing the whole child.
One aspect of this creative expression is performance and here you can see, under the guidance of our brilliant vice-principal, Sunette, the children have a been instrumental in the creative development of the play, 'The Hare and the Tortoise'. What bright inquisitive minds these children are developing.
For updates, please go to our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/helengradycapetown
or our website www.dramaafrica.com Tel: 021 6747478
Einstein believed that his insight did no come from mathematics or science, it came from his artistic side of his brain - that which deals with the intuition and inspiration. He said: "When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come close to the conclusion that the gift of imagination has meant more to me than any talent for absorbing absolute knowledge. All great achievements of science must start from intuitive knowledge. I believe in intuition and inspiration.... At times I feel certain I am right while not knowing the reason."
Thus Einstein said: "Imagination is more important than knowledge".
In the Helen O'Grady Drama Academy, our teachers are trained to inspire children and develop creativity in an extremely proactive way. As Albert Einstein said: 'It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge' and we try to do this in every way possible.
Bergvliet Primary School really believes in this and is one of the schools in Cape Town, South Africa, which has taken his on board by having and full and vibrants creative arts programme to supplement the National Curriculum. This school believes in developing the whole child.
One aspect of this creative expression is performance and here you can see, under the guidance of our brilliant vice-principal, Sunette, the children have a been instrumental in the creative development of the play, 'The Hare and the Tortoise'. What bright inquisitive minds these children are developing.
For updates, please go to our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/helengradycapetown
or our website www.dramaafrica.com Tel: 021 6747478

Comments
Post a Comment